Happy Pet Appreciation Week! It’s always the first week in June and this year it happens on June 2nd – 8th. We love our pets and wish them to live long healthy lives free of pain or discomfort. Giving your favorite critter CBD is one of the best ways to promote vibrancy and longevity. CBD is used in countless ways for human ailments and is completely safe for our pets to consume too. Health and Happiness for all our beloved creatures.
All animals have an endocannabinoid system (ECS). All vertebrates and invertebrates are known to have an ECS. The most primitive animal found to express cannabinoid receptors is the sea-squirts, an animal which evolved over 600 million years ago.
The endocannabinoid system has been recently recognized as an important modulatory system in the function of brain, endocrine, and immune tissues. It appears to play a very important regulatory role in the secretion of hormones related to reproductive functions and response to stress.
History of the Endocannabinoid System
In 1988, the first cannabinoid receptor was found in the brain of a rat. In 1995, researchers discovered that the two receptors―now deemed the CB1 and CB2 receptors―were found not only in rats, but within thousands of other species―including humans. Research reveals that when CBD bonds with the CB1 or CB2 receptors, it alters and/or improves the capabilities of that receptor, thereby improving the receptors functionality. Additionally, if the body suffers from cannabinoid deficiency, administering CBD can help equalize the deficiency (studies suggest that cannabinoids are a finite resource, and the deficiency of cannabinoids can result in headaches, irritability, and other health issues).
CBD or Cannabidiol is one of over 120 cannabinoids identified in cannabis and hemp plants. CBD is commonly being used as a beneficial supplement, a safe anti-inflammatory that can help with several chronic diseases. CBD oil can help fight cancer and irritable bowel disease, improve schizophrenia symptoms, relieve anxiety and help with sleep.
Similarly, as with their humans owners CBD can help pets in the following ways:
1) Supports overwell wellness and can cause an increase in energy.
2) Reduces anxiety (separation, thunderstorms, fireworks, car travel)
3) Treat seizures and epilepsy4) Relieves pain due to inflammation or arthritis⠀
5) As effective as other common antibiotics, including helping against strains of MRSA that had become extra resistant to antibiotics
6) Reduces chronic inflammation and autoimmune disease
7) Powerful antioxidant, research shows is more potent than vitamins C and E
8) Can protect the nervous system and help with neurodegenerative diseases
9) Increases appetite and helps with nausea
10) Promotes a more restful sleep
11) Can be used safely for all pets e.g. birds, dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, fish, reptiles, etc.
Following are a few testimonials:
– Max, a mature German Shepherd dog with severe hip dysplasia, struggled to move and whined every time he had to go outside for bathroom breaks. It was heartbreaking to his owner Susan to hear his whimperings and she sought a natural way to relieve his pains.”I love Max so much. I have had him ever since he was a small puppy from the pound. I would do anything for his comfort and relief” Susan’s mother Elizabeth was visiting one day and pulled out a bottle of CBD oil and took some drops underneath her tongue for her aching knees. Max laboriously sidled up towards her, wagging his tail, hoping for some chewy treats. Elizabeth reached for a dog biscuit and applied a few CBD drops on it before Max wolfed it down. During the next few weeks, all meals and snacks contained the powerful anti – inflammatory CBD supplement. One early morning Susan noticed Max walking to his water bowl without his usual “bunny hopping” gait. CBD was the only new addition to his diet. Now Max can move without crying out much to the delight of his whole family.
Princess, a tabby cat was a mean spirited mouser who protected her house and home with a fierceness. Prone to showing her claws to new strangers and even to extended family members who weren’t always aware of this particular feline’s mood swings. A rambunctious new baby learning to crawl burbled too close to the cat and suddenly a piercing wail came from a red faced teary eyed infant whose diaper showed a ripped claw mark from an annoyed Princess who growled and hissed. Luckily no real harm was done to the sullen child but Princess was scooped up and placed into the Bad Cat Time Out Box and given a stern talking to. The mother of the baby remarked “That crazy cat needs CBD to calm down!” A reputable source of CBD oil was found and was placed for Princess to eat. Within a short while, the temperamental tabby started to become more friendly and not so combative with its own family. Even the mail carrier noticed as he was able to visit the doorstep and deliver the mail without having to watch every step for fear of his ankles being swiped at. CBD soothed this savage beast.
Fluffy is a shy Angora bunny prone to being startled every time loud noises emanated from either the television commercial announcer’s booming voice showcasing the latest home improvement tool or running and hiding from the screechy sqwaking of early morning crows as they gathered in the fruit trees and on the lawn outside for their daily conversations. These everyday occurences distressed the rabbit so much, she began to lose her silky fur in clumps and soon bald patches were all over the back of the small creature. While Fluffy’s human owner puzzled over a possible cure for her, she found that CBD could work on anxious bunnies by soothing their tired, overworked nervous systems as well as regrowing the loss of hair. Placing a few drops of CBD on some tasty lettuce leaves, the bunny slowly regained strength and peace of mind to resist bolting every time a sudden noise occurred. Nowadays, Fluffy lounges in the living room languidly while her owner plays games on the computer and isn’t bothered one iota. CBD certainly supported this peaceful rabbit’s personality.
When choosing a CBD oil or supplement, do make sure it is all natural, full spectrum and lab tested. We adore and cherish our pets and we show our love with the addition of CBD in their diet and lives. Our animals can enjoy the amazing benefits of Cannabis and Hemp plants just as much as we humans do. Creatures and critters everywhere benefit from CBD to protect and prolong their health and lives as much as we do.
Happy Pet Appreciation!